Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hello again, are you out there????

At our special feeding table 11-30-10


Marleigh, 6 months old 11-25-10


Sophia 6 months old, 11-25-10


Brooke 6 months old, 11-25-10



Is anyone still checking this to see if I have time to post? I doubt it but here goes.

It's been a very tough 3 weeks. We lost our night help which was so essential and then my dad's appendix burst and my mom has been nursing him back to health so there went my day help. So poor, poor Julie had to do it all alone. Dave of course helped as much as he could when he came home at night but night is about a 4 person job and I was spent after doing the middle of the night and all day. I don't want to minimize Dave's help but we realized it wasn't enough. He came home every night and helped when we had help over night and during the day. In the past month we have started solid food, worked on going to bed un-swaddled and awake, sleeping through the night and then we all got sick. Oh, and we hosted Thanksgiving this year but that was a blast and the girls had plenty of arms to hold them and I got quite a break that day. So, there are my excuses for not entertaining you all with our shennigans. Here's the latest:

They are all rolling over and working to get toys out of their reach and wanting to sit up. Brooke is up on her elbows whenever she is not on her belly. We have placed bets on who will crawl first. I think it's Sophia because she does everything first but Brooke is going to give her a run for her money, or my money! Brooke is a determined little love and has begun scooting in a circle on her tummy to acquire all the toys she can. Marleigh is not even in the race- she is our... observant child (read lazy). She just hangs out and watches her sisters laughing. She plays with toys and rolls but really is only interested in people, music and books. She is NOT interested in eating solid food! I have been "presenting" it for a month and she won't open the gate. Brooke and Sophia are ready to start eating cereal twice a day and begin on vegetables but Mars is just holding out.

Brooke is getting a helmet next week to fix her head. The back is completely flat, it will not effect her vision or chewing but it might effect her later in life with wanting to pop on a baseball cap or get her hair wet around others. It's pretty darn noticeable right now. She will wear it 22 hours a day for about 6 months. Here come the good times- they say it doesn't bother them but we will just see about that!

They of course are not napping well so I have to go but enjoy the pics and I'll put more up later of Brooke in her helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment